Tuesday 16 August 2011

FOQ 2011

After a busy shopping day on Saturday at the Festival of quilts,
my friend Edna and I went to a 'Designer Supper' which was hosted by Rowan and Coats fabrics.
After eating our fill of beef chilli and pavlova (which were extremely small!),
we were given an introduction to some of the people who design at Free Spirit fabrics.
Kaffe Fassett, Brandon Mably,Tanya Whelan, Nel Whatmore, Melissa White
and Lisa Lam who designs handbags.
I was sitting beside some lovely ladies from Norway,
who were determined to get front row seats for the presentation!

Some of the fabulous quilts on display.
We also got a chance to ask the designers some questions and of course a photo opportunity!
I also got a chance to speak to Lisa Lam, and I was so busy asking her questions,
I forgot to take a photo!
On Sunday we shopped again and stopped by to visit Mandy at Simply Solids, Kate at the Fat Quaterly stand and Rachel at Creative Grids.

No comments:

Post a Comment